About Metformin Tablets
Metformin belongs to the category of medicines called Anti-diabetic. It is a treatment for Type-2 diabetes. It helps to control blood sugar in people with Type-2 diabetes mellitus. It helps control the high blood sugar levels seen in diabetes. It reduces the chances of serious complications of diabetes and also helps prevent kidney damage, blindness, nerve problems and sexual function problems. Metformin Tablet is used as an antidiabetes medicine.
Metformin works by:-
- lowering glucose production in the liver
- decreasing the amount of glucose your body absorbs
- increasing the effect of insulin on your body
Insulin is a hormone that helps your body remove extra sugar from your blood.
Uses of Metformin Tablet
Benefits of Metformin Tablet
- In the Treatment of Diabetes.
- It is a medicine that helps control high blood sugar levels and is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.
- Controlling high blood sugar levels helps prevent eye damage, nerve problems, kidney damage and loss of limbs.
- Diabetes control can also lower the risk of heart attacks or strokes.
- Metformin Tablet is suggested with dietary changes and exercise for better results.
Direction for Use
- Take Metformin Tablet in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablets whole with water. Do not chew or break the tablets.
- Take the medicine after a meal. Take your Metformin tablet at the same time every day.
- This helps maintain consistent blood sugar control.
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember, but don't take two doses at once.
- Keep in mind that Metformin Tablet is a component of your overall diabetes treatment that includes diet and exercise.
Side Effects of Metformin Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Metformin Tablet is not suitable for every person. It is not suggested for children.
- Consult your doctor, if you have any other health issues such as Liver, Kidney, Alcohol, Driving, Pregnancy or breastfeeding and if you are receiving any other type of medical care before taking this medicine.
- Metformin Tablets may cause harm to the unborn baby.
- Kindly consult your doctor, if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine.